The island’s hospitality industry keeps making a good record as 23.7 million passengers have traveled through Bali’s Ngurah Rai Airport. The number is increased by 13 percent compared to last year. As it is said by the General Manager of I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport, Yanus Suprayogi (3/1), the 52.8 percent of the total number is international route passengers, while the 47.2 percent is domestic routes passengers.

Breaking down the numbers shows that in average, the airport caters 65.100 passengers daily and an almost 2 million passengers monthly. While there are approximately 162.623 planes aired to and from Bali, 11 percent bigger from previous year.

The statistics also shows an increasing number in freight transportation. In the 2018, the Airport has catered a 73.3 million kilograms cargos, 3.1 percent more cargos than 2017 which was 71.1 million kilograms.

In detailed, the 62 percent are international cargos and the other 38 percent are domestic cargos.

Yanus then continued that the statistics reveals an 11.7 percent in average of the total passengers during 2015 to 2018, while the aircrafts set for 8.8 percent.

“We especially want to express our highest gratitude and appreciation to the entire airport community. This success is also thanks to the contribution and synergy of all parties,” he said.

The World Bank & IMF Annual Meetings, the Our Ocean Conference (OOC), and other international activities held in Bali contributed to the numbers.

He added the 23.7 million numbers of passengers is considered to reach the airport’s maximum capacity.

To accommodate the increasing passengers, the airport management also developed a number of facilities including an additional 10 aircraft parking lots which are expected to contribute to an additional 2 million passengers.

The company also has an airport capacity building planning program that will soon be launched from the terminal to accessibility.

Previously, President Director of PT Angkasa Pura I, Faik Fahmi, said that there is a plan in building the extension of the 400-meter runway to become 3,400 meters.

It is expected to be able to accommodate the current largest aircraft such as the Airbus A-380 which can carry more than 500 people.

 

Article Source: https://bali.antaranews.com/berita/135070/selama-2018-bandara-bali-layani-237-juta-penumpang

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Stay updated, subscribe to our newsletter!
Fill in your details below to get our newsletters in your inbox daily.
We respect your privacy.