There are two main ways used for testing of COVID-19, namely a swab test or the so-called PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) and rapid test (Serologic Testing).
Major differences between the rapid test and swab tests are:⠀
• Rapid tests use blood samples while a Swab test uses mucus samples.⠀
• Swab tests are used to detect the existence of the antigen while rapid tests detect the presence of the antibody.⠀
• You can get your rapid test result within max 2 hours, but results of the PCR test may take up to 4 days. ⠀
• Rapid tests are used to screen potential positive cases while the swab tests are used as a diagnostic standard for detecting coronavirus. ⠀
• Swab tests provide a more accurate result than rapid tests.
Currently, rapid testing and swab tests are available at BIMC Hospital Nusa Dua by walk-in and drive thru.
To make an appointment for COVID-19 Testing, please contact our operational team at: +62 811 3896 113 (WhatsApp only)