With the implementation of the Emergency Community Activity Restrictions (PPKM), Bali Immigration has removed sanctions in the form of a fine of Rp. 1 million for foreign nationals (WNA) who violate Covid-19 health protocols (Prokes).
Instead, foreigners who violate the health protocols will be immediately deported to their country of origin.
“The Rp 1 million sanction shall not apply; this is an emergency, (they will be) immediately deported,” said the Head of the Bali Ministry of Law and Human Rights, Jamaruli Manihuruk at the Bali Governor’s Office on Thursday (1/7/2021).
This step is considered to be in accordance with the direction of the Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs and Investment Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan and the Governor of Bali Wayan Koster.
“Previously we were taking quite soft actions, but this time we emphasize that we are not being soft again because this is an emergency,” he said.
Jamaruli said that the new regulations will take effect today.
This needs to be understood by all foreign nationals who are in Bali,” he said.
Jamaruli said the deportation sanction was based on Article 75 of Law no. 6 of 2019 concerning Immigration.
The article states that every foreigner who endangers others or does not comply with the applicable laws and regulations, is subject to immigration action in the form of deportation.
“We shall ensure and enforce strict action if foreigners do not follow health protocols. We will take firm action, namely strict immigration action in the form of deportation,” he said.
The municipal Police (Satpol PP) will enforce its implementation. Catching foreigners who violate the Covid-19 health protocols will involve the Bali Provincial Police.
The Police will report violations to the Bali Ministry of Law and Human Rights.
Upon receiving a report of violations, The Ministry of Law and Human Rights will summon the relevant foreigner to the detention room.
If the flight option is available, the foreigner will be sent home immediately.