Having a pointy nose is considered to improve appearance and increase self-confidence. One way to get a pointy nose is by rhinoplasty. This method is quite popular, especially for millennials who are no longer taboo about the procedure of getting the desired nose shape instantly with surgery.
Nose surgery (rhinoplasty) is surgery to improve the shape or appearance of the nose to be more harmonious. But not only for aesthetic reasons, rhinoplasty is also performed to correct a less than ideal nose shape that causes difficulty breathing, correct congenital defects in the nose, or even nose shape damaged by accident.
Generally, rhinoplasty is performed under local or general anesthesia, depending on the advice and consideration of the plastic surgeon during the initial examination. The doctor will also analyze the shape of the trunk and nostrils to be corrected from the patient. During the consultation, the patient is expected to be able to discuss in detail with the plastic surgeon about the conditions, risks, and expected results of the procedure before finally deciding to undergo rhinoplasty.
In rhinoplasty procedures that require additional implant material to make the nose pointy, the patient will be given 2 options:
- Solid silicone prosthetic material
- Rib cartilage removed from the patient’s body
Procedures that use cartilage or cartilage removed from the patient’s body are generally more in demand for the following reasons:
- Using the cartilage of the ribs, which is the material of the patient’s own body so there is no risk of rejection by the body.
- The nose structure looks more natural, it doesn’t look like a nose that has been operated on.
- The incision line is relatively invisible postoperatively.
- Recommended for flat and short noses, as well as for revising noses that have had previous surgery.
- The risk of complications is minimal when compared to the use of silicone.
Rhinoplasty at BIMC Hospital Nusa Dua
Pointy nose surgery is available at BIMC Hospital Nusa Dua handled by dr. I Made Suka Adnyana, Sp.BP-RE(K) who is a plastic surgeon with an ISAPS (The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) license. Recovery after rhinoplasty is also quite fast. Patients only need to undergo treatment in the hospital for 1-2 days, while the length of postoperative care is closely related to the patient’s condition and the level of complexity of the operation.
Interested in getting the high nose of your dreams? Get a special offer save 10% + 10% on rhinoplasty procedures at BIMC Hospital Nusa Dua. Terms and conditions are valid until 31 December 2021.
- Surgery and anesthesia
- Inpatient room
- Medicines and consumables during surgery and hospitalization
- Medicines when leaving the hospital
- Post-surgery control until the stitches are removed
dr. I Made Suka Adnyana, Sp.BP-RE(K)
Schedule for Consultation
0811 3883 135 (WhatsApp)